Monday, January 21, 2008

Cancun - Marriott Casamagna hotel



I was surprised at how narrow the beach was in Cancun. It was also very rocky. There were not many places that you could get into the ocean without stepping on big rocks. I don't know if it has always been this way, or if Hurricane Wilma took away a bunch of the sand. Anyone know?


Matt had about 10 days off in a row last week so we decided to go to Cancun. Ryan and Matt both flew for free and it cost about $62 for me. The hotel room, which would normally be about $260 (gorgeous hotel!) was only about $87/night, so we really just had to go! Anyway, we had a great trip although again the weather didn't cooperate for us and it rained a decent chunk of the time we were there. We got there about noon on Monday and left about noon on Wednesday. Ryan still doesn't really like the ocean but he absolutely LOVES the pool. (We started a water babies class a couple of weeks ago which he loves too.) We mainly just hung out at the hotel, but we did go to see Mayan ruins in Tulum, about an hour and a half drive south of Cancun. They were very cool.

Matt and I were trying to decide whether we would go back to the Bahamas or Cancun if we had to decide between the two and we couldn't really decide. They both had good things about them. But there are some other things I want to do near Cancun, so I guess I would opt for there. But, I think I would rather try someplace new before going back there. Does anyone have any suggestions of places in Mexico or the Carribean that they really loved?