Tuesday, September 9, 2008

A student again






I know this is Ryan's blog, but incase anyone is interested in what I am up to, I wanted to tell you about my newest project... I am taking an 8 week photography class online. It is a digital SLR class so that I can learn how to better use the amazing camera I got from my family and Matt for Christmas (a Nikon D-40). I am feeling a lot intimidated in the class as I mainly have only used the camera as a point-and-shoot camera and I think a lot of the other students actually know how to use the camera as it was intended. But, I don't get graded or anything so it is just a matter of learning as much as I can and hoping that the pictures I post for all of the class to see aren't totally bad. We had to post a few pictures for our "portfolio" at the beginnig of the class. These are some of the pictures I posted...

2 comments:

Dad of Divas said...

Great pictures thus far...have you thought of trying a 365 project? Where you take a unique picture each day of the year - you try new and innovative techniques..etc...I am working on one now as we speak.

Fletcherjj said...

Good for you! I can't wait to see all your new pictures. You are off to a great start.