Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Ryan's words

I am continually amazed as Ryan says more and more words. Many of them I don't understand at all, and some are just so cute when I finally figure out what they mean. For example monkey is munga and elephant is anga. Airplane is some weird thing that is totally recognizable when you hear it and mostly unspellable - airpledane or something like that. Animal is animlay. His aunt Cathy is Gaga, which I think stems from the fact that she wears glasses (ga). He just started calling my mom something (which is good because she was starting to wonder if she was ever going to get a name, though I must admit it is also bad because now he can voice his displeasure about her not being here when she leaves). He calls her Tipty or Dibdy or something like that. The other day she was teaching him how to tiptoe and shortly after that, he started calling her Tipty, so I think that is why.

Just another funny note - Ryan is VERY into Little Einsteins right now (he used to be addicted to Jack's Big Music Show on Noggin, but now it is just rocket he wants to watch). So, I have been wanting to get him one of those ride-on toys for the driveway. At Target I saw a Little Einsteins one and it seemed perfect so I got it. It came with toys of the 4 main characters in the show. One of them is June. I think he has a little crush on June. He carries around this little plastic toy (like a Little People toy) wherever he goes and if he can't find her he gets quite upset. Pretty funny how attached he has gotten to her in just two days. I am sure it is just a phase, but it is the first time there has been one particular toy that he was so enthralled with.

No comments: