Thursday, April 17, 2008

Time to go home


Ryan slept through checking in at the airport...
The airport was all open-air, tiki hut style like this.
No jetway - we walked outside and then up these stairs to get to the plane.

We had a great trip, but we were ready to get home at the end of it. Ryan is at kind of a hard age for these sorts of trips. He is sort of walking, but not all the way, which makes things difficult. The floor in the rooms were tiles which made me very nervous because he isn't very steady on his feet when he is walking so I was nervous that he would fall and hurt himself. And whenever we put sunscreen on Ryan he would end up rubbing it in his eyes which lead to 10 minutes of him crying and rubbing them more - not fun. And the beach was great, except that he would get his hands all sandy and then rub his eyes. Also, the traveling makes for a long day - be at the airport 1.5-2 hrs early, then a 3.5-4 hr flight followed by 1.5-2 hr drive home. I know, you aren't feeling sorry for us since this was our 3rd trip to the Carribean in 6 months. I am just trying to explain that we had a great time, but it was good to be home too:) All of that said, now we need to decide where to go next.... :) I have really enjoyed going to all of these beautiful locations, but now what I really want to do is visit friends. So, I am hoping in the next few months we will be taking trips to Dallas, San Antonio, and Ottawa.

2 comments:

Marin said...

Why do they always insist on rubbing their eyes?! Liam & Connor do this too. You'd think they'd figure out it hurts after the first few times!

Marin said...

I should mention, I've started using a sunscreen stick on their faces and that seems to help (doesn't rub into their eyes as much).