Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter Blessings



Throughout this past week a number of people have asked how my Easter was. I have responded that it was fine - but that it was basically just like every other Sunday in that we went over and spent the afternoon at my grandparent's house and had dinner with them, my mom and my aunt Cathy. I was going through pictures today from that day and it struck me how odd it is that spending Sunday afternoon with my family has become ordinary. I moved away from this area when I was 8, and only saw my grandparents, aunts and uncle a few times a year after that. I moved away from where my mom lived almost 9 years ago. Now I am back, with my husband and a wonderful baby boy. And I am able to spend time with my family every Sunday and for that matter any other day of the week. What an amazing blessing! So, yes, Easter Sunday was just like any other Sunday, but I should add that every Sunday is special. I am so happy to be able to see Grammy, Pop and Cathy (and of course my mom) so often and I am thrilled that they are playing such an important role in Ryan's life!

1 comment:

Marin said...

That's so great that you can be so close to family! I'm sure they LOVE seeing Ryan all the time too :)