Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Bronchiolitis

I know, you just want to say "Bless you!" to that word... Apparently, bronchiolitis is the baby version of bronchitis and Ryan has it:( He has had a runny nose and a cough since Saturday evening and then got a fever on Monday so I called the doctor today to see whether or not I should bring him in. Even though we are basically in between healthcare right now (Tricare from AF is done and Matt doesn't get benefits through Continental until he has been there for 6 months) and we have to pay for doctors visits and whatnot out of pocket, I decided I would rather err on the side of caution, just incase it was more than a cold. I am glad I did take him in. They gave him a nebulizer treatment and sent me home with a nebulizer and a prescription for Albutirol (sp?!?) to do a couple more treatments today and then I am supposed to call in the morning to give her the status. The poor little guy's caugh is so sad:( He is in good spirits though. I am pretty sure that the whole thing has been harder on me than on him. It was his first fever and his first real illness afterall. The trials of parenthood....

No comments: